Best typist in each language

Various rankings specific to 10FF.
KarmaMistubisHi

Re: Best typist in each language

Post by KarmaMistubisHi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 pm

http://10fastfingers.com/user/381242/ Schollie Broke a Record!

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I've already done a screenshot of your 212 WPM, Schollie, but I'll not lie to you, there are still too many doubts about you (I think you guessed it). And the record that you beat (211 WPM, owned by James Eze) was already questionable, although this guy seemed to be relatively well-known on typing sites. However, I added this last record without really believing it myself (James Eze never shown here). Besides, I'm tempted to put back the old record of Sean Wrona (the last English record I'm sure).

Your story could be plausible (although I personally find it a bit "too much"), but it's unverifiable anyway. You're totally unknown in the typing world. So it's hard to believe that you can beat the Sean Wrona's best English score on 10FF (which is 205 WPM), with a difference of almost 10 WPM, in a language that isn't even your first language, while Sean himself is a world-renowned American and has proven his qualities in the best international competition (harder than 10FF) and holds the record of all major typing sites (at least in English), all this for several years.

I've never seen or heard of a Belgian as fast as you who types on any of these other sites. This is quite surprising if one believes your story. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'd love to add your score, but for now I need more evidence than a story. Also, the fact that you haven't been able to provide a clear video of your screen and your hands at the same time with good sound and a good synchronization between picture and sound, is something suspicious in itself.

All this is only my opinion, I don't know what other people think. I don't want to sound too strict, because I created this topic for the sake of the community. This list may not be perfect (because of course it's always possible to cheat and manipulate things, even in a video), but I do my best to keep it as consistent as possible.

Schollie

Post by Schollie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:19 pm

I appreciate you answering and I understand your reservations about putting me on the high score list. It's once again proof of this site’s integrity. I must admit that I, too, had my doubts about the 211 WPM record with so little attempts (knowing that even Sean Wrona "only" got 205 WPM). And I certainly did not expect to beat the site’s record so soon. I was very surprised to see that I got 212 WPM, since I had achieved 200 WPM only a week or so before. I’m fairly certain, though, that if Sean Wrona would have spent as much time on this site as I have, he would have already beaten my record (and for that, I’m quite happy that he isn’t an active member on this site).

Upon reading my previous answer again, I realize that it could’ve all been said in a much shorter way. It does look a bit forced, almost like I was giving a presentation. But it is all true and I truly appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt by not banning me.

If I tell my friends (those who have not seen me typing) that I’m probably the fastest typist in Belgium they will simply laugh at me. It’s so exciting for me though, knowing that I can type this fast, but it wasn’t until I joined this site that I actually realized how “exceptionally” fast I really am (in the beginning, I still had to push myself to get to 170 – 180 WPM and looked up to scottyzero500 who was able to go above 190 WPM and after a couple of weeks of practicing I could achieve the same) and the relative fame I could obtain by enlisting in real-life typing competitions (although I'm not sure if there are any typing competitions here in Belgium).

I currently am a member at typeracer.com, but I don’t think I’ve been able yet to consistently get over 150 WPM, (and looking at my profile there right now, it says that my average speed is only 134 WPM). This is probably due to the fact that my (laptop) keyboard doesn’t always accurately register the “g” and I have to backspace to correct it, as opposed to this site, where you can just continue typing without having to go back and correcting yourself. Not until I get a better keyboard will I be able to get good speeds on those kinds of tests.

I promise that I will make a video of my hands and screen in one shot with a good camera in the future. I may not be able to immediately achieve the 210+ speeds again, but I will certainly be able to give you a clear video of me typing at 200 WPM (after several attempts) so that I at least can validate myself as being able to type at 200 WPM. I hope that that validation will also suffice to validate my 212 WPM record.

In the meantime, I will keep practicing on the typing tests to keep improving myself.

Btw, even though Dutch is my first language, for some reason, I can type a lot faster in English. :P Since we grow up with English movies and TV shows and the internet at our fingertips, English is almost like a first language to many Dutch-speaking people and we are all assumed to be able to speak English fluently. Also, a lof of our university courses are in English.

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:13 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impermanence

Post by Impermanence » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Assuming 195 is Schollie's average for "good runs," 195 to 212 is an 8.7% increase, which is believable.
I don't think Schollie cheated at all, and I'm sure he can reach that score again, or at least close to it, in the near future.

I usually get around 165 as high averages on good days. An 8.7% increase would mean 179, which I have gotten a few times (personal best currently 181).

Mathematically, Schollie's 212 makes sense based on his previous scores. He has a recent video of him typing 200WPM, which is very impressive even without his hands.

If Schollie's typing speed is one in a billion, there are five to six other people like him.

Schollie

Post by Schollie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks, qbZ and Impermanence, I really appreciate having the faith of two of the top typists on this site!

And you're right, qbZ, with that many tests I would have to be the most persistent cheater ever :D I should indeed start spending more time on typeracer (and finally make that investment in a good keyboard)! I have been spending most of my time on 10FF because it's certainly easier than typeracer and the results look more impressive :D

Thank you for your mathematical insight, Impermanence! If you reduce it to a matter of percentages, instead of looking at the actual speeds, it looks a lot more plausible! I've already learned a lot from your comments :) Congrats on your current best, btw! You're getting better and better! 8-)

Suandi

Post by Suandi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 am

Indonesia: 172 wpm -> http://10fastfingers.com/user/321935/

Can't do it again :mrgreen: tried again few more times, only could reach 160 wpm :oops:

Also trying to record with camera ( after i reached 160 wpm, but i only made it to 152 wpm :( )

Very Rare Pure luck :) or something is wrong with the counter? I dunno :lol:
http://youtu.be/QXpgQfNeMJY (152 wpm recorded in camera)

PS:
Hmmm.. My case looks similar to Schollie, we both suddenly get a very high score beyond our average wpm, but this is a rare case, it's hard to repeat the score to record in video.

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 am

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impermanence

Post by Impermanence » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:35 am

qbZ wrote:It's strange knowing your average is something like 145 WPM.. Compared to Impermanence's calculations for Schollie, 145 to 172 WPM is almost a 19% increase.
I'm not saying you cheated, just saying the counter probably didn't work properly, like it happened before.
Or it was just a bit of luck.. :P

Anyway, it's just 4 WPM away from my max in Indonesian so it shouldn't be too hard to beat. :lol:

My profile's average for typing tests under-represents my current average because I don't normally do the regular tests.
Maybe I'll do more regular tests so that my low scores will be replaced with new scores that will better represent my average.

The 8.x% calculation I did was based on the estimated average I get on good days.
My best today was 177, which is very close to my all-time best of 181.

Suandi

Post by Suandi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:39 am

qbZ wrote:It's strange knowing your average is something like 145 WPM.. Compared to Impermanence's calculations for Schollie, 145 to 172 WPM is almost a 19% increase.
I'm not saying you cheated, just saying the counter probably didn't work properly, like it happened before.
Or it was just a bit of luck.. :P

Anyway, it's just 4 WPM away from my max in Indonesian so it shouldn't be too hard to beat. :lol:

yep.